PHP and Node.js are the powerful options for building websites; they are built around various architectures and concepts. As the app owner, you should consider different factors related to these two environments.
What Is PHP?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is the common scripting language and now become the favorite choice for web developers and it is the effective choice for content management systems such as Joomla, WordPress, Drupal. To reach great success with ease you must Hire PHP Developer, the experts allow you to understand all the factors related to PHP.
- Rich Code Base
- Designed for the Web
- Portable and Effective Solution
- Designed for the Web
- Outdated Client-Server Model
What Is Node.Js?
Node JS Prons
- Outdated and less effective Client-Server Model
- One Language in the Stack
Node JS Cons
- Less Efficient and functionalities while handling CPU-intensive Applications
- Lack of Maturity
Major Differences: Php Vs Node.Js
- Both are powerful server-side technologies but you can find few differences between a PHP and Node.js.
- PHP utilized multi-threaded and help to carry out multiple tasks without any delay. Even it uses a few tricks. PHP is a mature language and also has its own way to achieve asynchronous processing.
- First of all, PHP is simpler than node js, while setting up a file you need to do is a “.php” file and need to enter URL into your browser. Alternatively, in Node.js server, it requires more lines of code, at the same time you need to have an understanding of how closures, as well as callback functions, work.
When Should You Use PHP or Node.Js?
You should hire a PHP Development Company when your project involves
- Servers such as Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, Postgresql, SQL, MariaDB etc
- CMS’s like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal etc
- Software stacks including LAMP stack etc
You just hire the Node.js Development Company when your project involves
- Front-end technologies such as jQuery, Ember.js, AngularJS, Backbone.js, ReactJS
- Dynamic single page applications
- Software stacks including MEAN stack etc
Both PHP and Node.js comes with its good and bad parts so you should make the right choice by getting proper knowledge of both environments’ architectures. In general, Node.js is perfect for RTA. Overall, Node.js is also suitable for applications and highly flexible. Node.js also support server-side events, overall it is also easy to implement pub-sub. Node.js is simple and also easier to implement web services. PHP is a good choice for creating customizable blogs when it comes to choosing Node.js and PHP, you must consider what type of application you are going to build, even pay close attention to hosting requirements. If your client needs a standardized solution you just go for PHP. Node.js is perfect for RTAs.